Labels

Monday, February 13, 2012

Sugar Cookies for your Valentine

My dearest friend Kay Cee and I called these cookies "THE cookies" because once you've had them, there really isn't ANY cookie that is better.  If you like your sugar cookies soft and chewy, then this is the recipe for you.  


The first time Kay Cee made these cookies, I'm pretty sure I gained 5 pounds in like 2 days, but it was SO worth every ounce.  "THE" cookies are usually made for Christmas, but I decided to make them for my sweet lineman for Valentine's Day this year.   Kay Cee and I are also going to make these cookies for my wedding in August.  That's how good they are, they are wedding worthy.  Seriously.



"THE" cookies also remind me of a little roadtrip I took with Kay Cee and her hubby, Sean. We went to the airport to pick up my sweet lineman, and it was a happy memory where we all ate cookies in the truck, enjoyed the winter scenery, and simply chatted like only old friends can do.  Then we went out to a nice Italian restaurant.  Every time I think of "THE" cookies, I always think of that day and it makes me smile.  Those were my pre-trailer trash days, when Greg and I only got to see each other every couple months.


Valentine's Day is also kind of special for Greg and I because we consider it our "Anniversary" ..... because neither of us can actually remember when we became a real "couple", it was sometime during the winter and Valentine's Day was easy to remember, that's how we decided on that!
Happy 6 Year Anniversary Greg!


I also decided that when I post cookie recipes, I am only going to post pics of the finished product.  All cookie recipes are generally the same, how many pictures of creamed butter and sugar can a person really look at?  I hope you don't mind!
PS. Just try to practice self control :)


Frosted Sugar Cookies

2 cups butter, softened
1 & 3/4 cups sugar
5 eggs
3 tsp. vanilla
5 tsp. baking powder
7 cups flour


Preheat oven to 350*. Cream butter & sugar until smooth.  Add eggs & vanilla, beat until well combined.  Add baking powder and flour, 1 cup at a time until a soft dough forms.
Pour dough out onto a floured surface and roll out to 1/4" thick.  Use your favorite cookie cutter depending on the holiday.  Bake 8-10 minutes. (Cookies don't brown much, they will be light in color)
Allow to cool completely and frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 (8oz) package of cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
2-3 tsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar

Beat cream cheese, butter, milk & vanilla until smooth.  Add powdered sugar 1 cup at time.  Use to frost your favorite cookies or cakes.


2 comments:

  1. MAN this was one of the posts that didn't show up!!!! Seriously people "THE" cookies are "THE" bomb didly bomb!! That was one of the best road trips miss D always brings a smile to my face as well :) miss you terribly and can't wait to make these for your wedding!!

    ReplyDelete