Labels

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Bar Nuts

The first time I had these cashews, I'm pretty sure I ate the entire container.  They are delicious and slightly addicting.  Luckily, I was able to get the recipe.  They are a fun little gift to make during the holidays.  It's a nice salty break from all of the sweets.  I like to put them in glass jelly jars, because they are quite pretty.


Fresh rosemary is a MUST! And this recipe uses quite a bit.  If you become addicted to these cashews, like I am, you will probably start growing your own rosemary.


I mean look at that goodness... you know you want to whip up a batch of these NOW!  So just do it, you won't be sorry.


Bar Nuts (*adapted from Union Square Cafe Bar Nuts)
4 c. of cashews (1.5 pounds)
1/4 c. chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
4 tsp. brown sugar
2 tsp. coarse sea salt
2 T melted butter

Roast nuts in a 350* oven for 7-10 minutes, or until golden brown and starting to smell good. (Watch carefully, they will burn in a hurry).  Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients to make a paste (of sorts).  Pour paste onto hot nuts and toss until every last nut is coated.  Allow to cool completely, then package as desired (or just pour in a pretty bowl and serve at a party).
WARNING: Severely addictive



No comments:

Post a Comment