Check out that lovely marbling in my grass-fed beef.
Asian Beef with Broccoli*
1 lb flank steak or tenderloin steak, sliced thinly against the grain
3 cups broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
1 TB cooking oil
3 tsp soy sauce (or liquid aminos)
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp oil
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Stir Fry Sauce
2 TB soy sauce
1 TB water
2 tsp rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
2 tsp balsamic vinegar (or Chinese black vinegar)
1 TB minced garlic
1. Combine, marinade ingredients and pour over thinly sliced beef (in a shallow dish). Marinate at least 10-15 minutes (or longer) at room temperature.
2. Steam broccoil for about 3 minutes, until bright green and "crisp yet fork tender." Meanwhile, combine stir fry sauce and set aside.
3. Set the pan over high heat and when hot, add a little oil and swirl to coat. Add the steak strips, keeping them in one layer and fry 30 seconds. Flip the strips and fry the other side. Add garlic and saute for 15 to 30 seconds, until fragrant.
4. Pour in the Stir-fry Sauce and stir to combine. Simmer until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 30 seconds. Add the cooked broccoli back into the pan and toss to coat well.
5. Serve over steamed rice
* Adapted from a Pioneer Woman's recipe