Labels

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Crazy Cake - Best. Chocolate. Cake. No question.


SO today is my birthday.  Except it really doesn't feel like my birthday because I'm in Utah hanging out in a fifth wheel trailer with.......my dog.  Just me and the k9, yeah it's a crazy party in Salt Lake City!  Not to toot my own horn, but normally on this day, I have coffee dates, lunch plans and of course a birthday dinner with cake.

Whenever I'm asked what kind of cake I want for my birthday, the answer is "Crazy Cake."  My mom has been making this cake as long as I can remember....and for good reason.  IT. IS. THE. BEST.  There is no question that this is the moistest, tastiest, most perfect chocolate cake.  And guess what?  It's the easiest cake you will EVER make.  That's right my friends, it's decadent and easy to make.  How often does that happen with desserts? 



So what am I doing on my birthday?  Well, I bought myself a darling dress, got all done up and baked myself a birthday cake!



OK, here's the cake ingredients, minus the vanilla.  I always seem to forget at least 1 ingredient.


Ok, here's the first step.  This is really complicated.  Are you ready?......Dump all the dry ingredients in a 9x13 cake pan and stir until well combined.  




Next step, again this is SO tough.  Add the wet ingredients; stir well.

Put the pan in a 350* oven for 30 minutes.

Final step. This one is the most difficult.  EAT!



Make sure you put this recipe in a special spot. It's one of those recipes that will be passed down from generation to generation.  


Crazy Cake

3 c. Flour
2 c. Sugar
4-6 TB cocoa powder
dash of salt
2 tsp. baking soda
2/3 c. canola oil
2 c. water
2 tsp. vanilla
2 TB. white vinegar

Place dry ingredients in a 9x13 cake pan and stir.  Add wet ingredient, stir until well combined. Bake @ 350 x 30 minutes.  Check the middle with a toothpick.  Allow to cool.

Variations:
Add chocolate chips, PB chips, mint chips, etc.
Frost with your favorite frosting.
OR just dust with powdered sugar.

3 comments:

  1. Your dog's a really good photogragher!!! Hope you had a great day. We miss your smilly face.

    Kay Shelton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with all your steps and ingredients, I would still manage to screw something up lol! I'm gonna have to try it though. It looks delicious. If I would've known about earlier, I would've had it for my b-day. Sorry you were alone on your b-day, at least you had fun baking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As long as you put all the ingredients in, you can't mess it up!

    ReplyDelete