Labels

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

I'm Back...with a new Name!! (edited)

So it's been almost a year since my last blog post and a lot has changed.  I wanted to change the name of my blog, since my days as "Trailer Trash" are now over.  I wanted it to reflect me, both as a person and as a nutrition professional.  At first I was going to name the blog, "Life in Moderation," because my favorite quote from Benjamin Franklin goes something like this, " Everything in moderation, including moderation."  BUT I realized this name was extremely B-O-R-I-N-G and U-N-O-R-I-G-I-N-A-L, so I thought of all my favorite things in life: Food, Fitness, Family, Friends, and Fun, not to mention Freakin' awesome wine and Friggin' good books....then.... "The F Spot" was born...AND THEN I DECIDED I LIKED VITAMIN F even better!  It's fun, a little sassy, lightly edgy and draws you in, right? :)


Let's talk a little more about the idea of moderation, because it's truly the way.  There are many famous quotes/sayings that completely agree with this school of thought.

By Definition: "Moderation is the elimination of extremes."
How perfect would the world be if we could achieve this?!?!

I've also heard some humorous versions:

  • "Too much of anything is bad, but too much whiskey is just enough." - Mark Twain
  • "Abstinence is a wonderful thing, but only in moderation." - unknown source ;)
  • "Everything in moderation, including the truth." - unknown source... (Don't tell your kids this!)
  • "Moderation is a fatal thing, nothing succeeds like excess." -Oscar Wilde
  • "Yo, I can't do anything in moderation. I don't know how." - Eminem

There are also some versions that really make you think:

  • "The virtue of justice consists in moderation, as regulated by wisdom" -Aristotle
  • "If one oversteps the bounds of moderation, the greatest pleasures cease to please." -Epictetus
  • "Moderation is the center wherein all philosophies, both human and divine, meet." -Benjamin Disraeli


When it comes to Food:

  • I always say: "Eat a little bit of everything, not too much of anything"
  • In Ancient Greece, the temple of Apollo at Delphi was inscribed Medan Agan, which means "nothing in excess."

Okay, with all of the crazy talk about moderation, I hope that my blog inspires you to live moderately: eat well, splurge enough, work hard, play harder, and love lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment