Let's talk a little more about the idea of moderation, because it's truly the way. There are many famous quotes/sayings that completely agree with this school of thought.
By Definition: "Moderation is the elimination of extremes."
How perfect would the world be if we could achieve this?!?!
I've also heard some humorous versions:
- "Too much of anything is bad, but too much whiskey is just enough." - Mark Twain
- "Abstinence is a wonderful thing, but only in moderation." - unknown source ;)
- "Everything in moderation, including the truth." - unknown source... (Don't tell your kids this!)
- "Moderation is a fatal thing, nothing succeeds like excess." -Oscar Wilde
- "Yo, I can't do anything in moderation. I don't know how." - Eminem
- "The virtue of justice consists in moderation, as regulated by wisdom" -Aristotle
- "If one oversteps the bounds of moderation, the greatest pleasures cease to please." -Epictetus
- "Moderation is the center wherein all philosophies, both human and divine, meet." -Benjamin Disraeli
When it comes to Food:
- I always say: "Eat a little bit of everything, not too much of anything"
- In Ancient Greece, the temple of Apollo at Delphi was inscribed Medan Agan, which means "nothing in excess."
Okay, with all of the crazy talk about moderation, I hope that my blog inspires you to live moderately: eat well, splurge enough, work hard, play harder, and love lots!