Labels

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Vanilla Spice Coffee Creamer

I have been religiously making my own coffee creamer ever since I wrote this post a couple weeks ago  If you haven't checked out my original post on homemade coffee creamer, be sure to give it a look-sie.
After a couple weeks of drinking this goodness and I've decided to experiment with a new flavor.  I've also decided that the original recipe may not have been creamy enough for many of you, especially if you are weaning yourself off of that nasty, thick, syrupy crap from the store.

Store bought creamer officially grosses me out!  I hate to be the nutrition freak that tells you to read your labels, but if you haven't read your creamer label yet, I DARE YOU!  You'll be confused and disgusted....there's no cream to be found in most of them.  Ok I'm going to shut up.


So here's a new recipe that does a few things.......:
A) It makes more creamer!  Between Greg and I, we've been going through it like toilet paper!  It's that good.
B) It is creamier, with a few additional calories & fat, but very little (see nutritional info in original post).
C) It has more flavor!!  I added cinnamon and more vanilla to this for a chai inspired flavor.

If you are feeling extra wild, sneak a sip of while it's still hot.  It's SO yummy alone, too!

Here goes:

Vanilla Spice Coffee Creamer

1.5 cups half & half
1.5 cups lowfat milk
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (the real kind, please!)
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Bring all ingredients to a simmer, stirring often.  Remove from heat and cool.  Remove film off top, if one forms. Pour into a mason jar or other container to store in fridge.  Splash into your coffee and enjoy!



PS...I totally recycled the last photo from the original post.  Please forgive me.
xoxo, D

No comments:

Post a Comment