Labels

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Here goes nothing...

So this is my first post on this crazy new journey of traveling and blogging.  Greg has about 1 year left of his apprenticeship and we were sick and tired of doing long distance, so I'm taking the year off and traveling with him.  For the next year, I am going to be living in a 5th wheel camper, cooking some amazing food for my man, getting in tip-top shape and planning a wedding.  I wanted to start this blog for a little "project" to keep me busy, but also for friends and family to see what we are up to. Plus, I plan to post recipes, as well as fitness and nutrition stuff.
Here's what our travels look like so far:
Ellensburg  --> Boise --> Salt Lake City --> Rexburg, ID
We set up shop in Rexburg, ID, which is a small town about 15-20,000 and about 95% Mormon.  As you can imagine, we fit in perfectly (cough, wink...)  But that's besides the point, we are staying in a lovely RV park that's right on a little lake.  I get to walk to dog around the lake and enjoy the view.  Rexburg is also very close to the Teton mountain range which is stellar to look at and I hope to find a hiking buddy to go exploring with.
Here's what I've been doing to stay busy:
 Of course we had to stop in Drummond, ID (population 15, people not thousand!).  We had a beer at the biker bar on Sunday, since this was this only thing open!
Nice patio with a view of the Grand Tetons and the power substation that Greg will be working at.
I also decided that I'm going to master the art of homemade bread while I have this time, so below is my first loaf of bread made in the trailer.  The Idaho sunshine made for a perfect rising/proofing oven




It didn't brown the way I wanted it to, but it tasted delicious.  Here is the link for the Honey Oat Bread recipe I used. 
Stay tuned for more travel, cuisine and other random stuff.  Cheers! D

3 comments:

  1. This is great. You kids have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are going to have a lot of fun. I'm jealous of your journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay..sounds like you're going to have fun. Probably the best time to take some time off with this tough economy. Enjoy your adventures with the hubby.

    ReplyDelete